The present-day Church of Saint Paraskevi in Monis Kardiotissis St. was built in the early 20th century and consecrated on 13th June 1910. In the first inventory of churches dating to 1320, mention is made of a church on the same site dedicated to the Virgin, named "Virgin Mary Manolitissa at the Outer Gate".
Parts of that earlier church incorporated into Agia Paraskevi and still visible to this day include the foundations of the north and south walls, measuring 10.40m, and a section of the atrium.
The earlier church was divided into two naves linked by three arches resting on marble columns. The north nave was narrower and lower, with a half vaulted roof.
One of the two 1.3m wide doorways formed part of the early church.