G. Gerola visited the church in 1908, referring to it as San Onofrio. In his book he includes a ground plan together with impressive photographs, which show that the church was free standing and thus visible from a distance. The description he gives is a follows: "Church with transverse nave forming an ellipse on the inside, roofed over by dome. A small domed chapel survives in the northeast corner."